Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Signs of the Creator


I love Spring! I love the very beginning of spring, which is the ending of winter. The earth stretches, shakes off the cold and starts to wake up. Each day brings another sign of new growth, new life and the promise of brighter tomorrows.

Today, as I drove over the dam near my home, I was reminded of the first spring after I found the Lord. It was as if I had never seen colors before! And, today was no different. I always look for "the purple trees". It is such a vibrant purple against the backdrop of winter's leftover browns. As I drove on, I was reminded of Psalms 96:

1"Sing to the Lord a new song;
sing to the Lord, all the earth.
11Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad;
let the sea resound, and all that is in it;
12Let the fields be jubilant, and everthing in them.
Then all the trees of the forest will sing for joy

The trees' new spring adornment rose up out of the ravine like the earth's first new songs of the year. I love all the seasons really but, Spring is the one that brings forth new life, forever a sign of our loving Creator!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

I have been writing since I was a child. Now that circumstances have changed in my life, I have begun to take my passion for writing to a new level. First and foremost, I am a child of God. I am a wife of 26 years. We have 3 wonderful children who have all begun lives on their own. I love all my pets, they really are like little children!
"If there's a book you really want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it."~Toni Morrison

Followers